Friday 26 February 2010

Thank you Tamarside

Hi to everyone from a baking hot Gambia

This week has seen me rushed off my feet, teaching in the mornings and out every afternoon supporting local projects run by other organisations.

Very happy to be supporting a new library facility in Bakoteh run by Sheikh E T Lewis and his team.

They also run an International Centre for Street Children and Child Trafficking.

Modou and I went along to visit the place and had no hesitation at all in donating a variety of reading books at all levels to support the facility.

Mr Lewis is a Human Rights activist and very interesting person to talk to.


I shall enjoy my visits there. A small delegation came to us from Gambia College, the teacher training institute here.

We filled their truck with boxes of text books and teaching materials donated by Tamarside Community College.

I'll be visiting the College tomorrow to see the items on site and to meet the Head of Education. Suleiman Bah, one of the students I sponsored for three years in Kerewan Samba Sira is now training to be a teacher at the college so the link is especially important for me.


That's all the hard work we are doing, the fun stuff is blowing bubbles with the children in the mornings!

Pictured is Hildegard Thaler, one of our volunteers, back again this year to help us. We all love her!



Until next time,
best wishes
Debbie

No comments: